POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Transparency ?? : Transparency ?? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 14:22:44 EDT (-0400)
  Transparency ??
From: Robert C
Date: 11 Apr 2003 15:27:23
Message: <3e97171b@news.povray.org>
Hello,
   I am experimenting with a way to simulate the motion blur of a spinning
rotor blade (like that of a helicopter).  I have had promising results by
using a simple disc object with a Radial color map texture.  The color map
is such that a portion of the map slowly ramps from complete transparency to
opacity, and then falls sharply back to complete transparency.  Increasing
Frequency to 4 makes the disc look like 4 individual blades spinning around
a center axis with the transparency emulating a trailing-edge motion blur.

My question is:
  Is there a way combine the transparency map with a cylindrical color map
to give the appearance of bands or stripes painted onto the 'spinning
blades'?

TIA!

Robert